Tuesday, October 24, 2006

My FireFox extensions

What I really like about Firefox is that it can be customized and extended in so many ways. Today it is my browser of choice and I think it is fast becoming the standard de facto of the blogosphere.

I currently use the following extensions:
1. Gmail RTL - allows automatic changing of text direction when detecting Hebrew based text in Gmail.
2. IE Tab - Some pages cannot be displayed in FireFox. IE Tab allows you to view specific tabs in Microsoft's Internet Explorer.
3. SearchStatus - Shows alexa and google rank for the current page. Gives you a sense of the publicity of the page/site you are currently viewing.
4. GreaseMonkey - Allows you to customize the way a webpage displays using small bits of JavaScript. I use scripts for trackback capability and for adding technorati tags.
5. CoComment - Tracks my comments and responses to them on any site.
6. AdSense Notifier - shows my adsense earning in the status bar.


What other extensions are you using?


No comments: