Saturday, February 03, 2007

My LinkedIn network

My LinkedIn Network is over 140,000 users. This means that I can use my network to contact lots of people when looking for an introduction or a reference.
Is this what I use LinkedIn for? No, LinkedIn is a good way to let people find you. While my network is large (1.5% of the available network in LinkedIn), I have no use for it on a daily basis.

So what am I using LinkedIn for?
1. Contact management - Keeping in touch with my direct contacts.
2. Visibility - Allowing people to find me online to offer new business opportunities.
3. Fun - I was a member of a network by the name of 6 degrees which tried to achieve the same purpose. It failed due to hardware and bandwidth issues. That was about 6 years ago and I really enjoyed feeling like everyone in the world was connected to me via 6 degrees of separation.

What are you using LinkedIn for?

No comments: