Sunday, April 16, 2006

2006 Browser wars

Which browser are you using? I noticed that the answer to this question is no longer the Internet Explorer I've come to expect. In the 8 or more years since beating Netscape there were several competitors to the IE but none ever reached a critical mass.
Firefox which has a lot of fans worldwide is quickly becoming the new browser that everyone keeps talking about. Myself, I use AvantBrowser which is a light-weight multi-tab browser.
While Microsoft keep pushing the release date of IE7, I feel that more and more users will switch over to Firefox and realize it's potential. My blog's statistics show that over 25% of my readers use Firefox.

What is your browser? have you tried Firefox / AvantBrowser / any other browser i am not aware of?

No comments: