Saturday, May 13, 2006

Nintendo WII - next generation game console

In the E3 conference that shows the latest developments of gaming consoles, Nintendo presented what is considered by experts to be the next generation of gaming console remote.
the WII is a new gaming console whose remote includes motion sensors that allow interaction with the games by moving and rotating the remote. For example a user playing a sword game can hold the remote as if he is holding a sword and swing it around which will be copied to the game itself.
All gaming console companies such as Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo have been working hard to make games more interactive and it seems like Nintendo is far ahead of its competitors. Take a look at the pictures and videos at the WII site to understand the potential.

What do you think? Is it going to change our gaming interaction?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wii is a great concept. I agree with a lot of what they say - I don't have oodles of time (like most of us) and todays games (if I may generalize) are way over the top in complexity & learning curve. I like the idea of just being able to sit down & enjoy - I strech my mind enough at work, so I just want games to be almost instant fun! (not learning all the rules, finding out all the boneheads out there are running hacked cheats so skill has little to do with their success, etc, etc.). Let's just have some good clean fun IMHO!

Ohad Gliksman said...

I am still not sure how come most of the people commenting on this site are named anonymous. Is this a common name in some country?

I haven't thought about the ease of learning the controls using the new WII remote and I think you've got it right. This is the most important feature they've come up with. Thanks for pointing this out to me.