Friday, May 26, 2006

Evolutionary posts

I have decided to try a new concept which I named "Evolutionary posts".
Evolutionary post is a post which is released to the world as a title and a few lines of text and gets expanded (not modified but expanded) along time. This allows a fast post of an interesting subject as well as the ability to turn it into a full fledged article over time.

How does one start publishing evolutionary posts?

  1. Take an idea
  2. Turn it into a descriptive title
  3. write a first paragraph
  4. write some more paragrpah titles
  5. post it
  6. pay attention to incoming comments and update your post according to them
  7. give credits to commentors who influenced your post (Thanks cat)
  8. republish the post.
  9. redo from step 6
Related posts:
How Much Is My Blog Worth?
Moving on up
CoComment - track your comments

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So it's like a "wiki"? Sounds interesting...

Ohad Gliksman said...

While not exactly a Wiki, it does have some similarities as content generated by the users as comments is implemented back into the article.

Ohad Gliksman said...

Suvan,
Thanks for the comment.

Anonymous said...

I believe it's an excellent idea and may even catch on.

I notice that often times the comments hold relevant information, and if I am too busy to read down I may miss important bits that go a long way to reinforcing the overall idea.

cat

Ohad Gliksman said...

Cat,
I feel the same way that comments somtimes contain more significant information then the post itself. That is why I've decided to let my posts evolve as time goes by.