Saturday, October 28, 2006

Text ads and banners combined

I have to admit it, I am a real big fan of contextual advertizing (Google Adwords is a good example). I like the fact that I can plan what search phrases to show my ads for, use a matching text ad and get the customer hooked. I really feel that the time of the banner ad is long gone and that it is the dawn of the contextal ads era.

While looking in my RSS reader, I found a new post by Seth Godin. The new post is all about how using banner ads for brand awareness can significantly increase following contextual ads of same brand. The post is titled "the 249% solution" and reviews a 249% improvment of contextual ads after a banner-based brand campaign.


Related posts:
Adwords and email marketing similarities
Adwords tip - consistent message
Adwords tips - coming soon


Tags: , , , ,

No comments: